Saturday, November 1, 2014

Movie- Patch Adams

“A doctor’s mission should be not just to prevent death…But also to improve the quality of life.”



This theme was hard, I honestly had a lot of movies that made an impact in my life specially in my childhood. I went to the living room and search for those movies that a liked as a kid, and when I ended I had in my hands: Soul Surfer, The Blind Side, Believe, Pursuit Of Happiness and the empty movie box of Patch Adams, and well, I can only talk about one. It was really hard to choose, but I finally decided... 

I don't know where to start, this movie has been part of my childhood. I remember, when I was little I used to seat in front of the TV and watch this movie over and over again. This movie is based on the true story of Doctor Hunter "Patch" Adams. I think that what I always liked about this movie when I was little, is how he made people laugh, but now that I've watched the movie again I see that is not only the fact that he made them laugh. I like, how he does it and how he make them life better. Patch has his own unique way on making things different and make others feel better. As little I always said I wanted to be a doctor, but well now that I grew up... I don't say it any more. That's definitely not my thing, but want I'm sure of, is that I want to do what Dr.Adams  did and do. He make the life of others better.

The doctors and medical professionals didn't like the way Patch treat the patients, but even thought they are against his way of helping others, Patch didn't give up and kept doing what he do best. This is such an inspirational movie because, it also teach that if you have a dream (in this case be a doctor) you shouldn't give up and never let anything stand in your way. Here I'll leave two movie clips where he gave a speech in a trail where his being accused of treating patients without having a licence...

 

I think this world need more people like him and that doctors should live by this motto "A doctor's mission should be not just to prevent death... But also to improve the quality of life". The day when people around the world stop focusing on their problems and start seeing beyond their noses, we'll have a better world...making others laugh, making good and happy memories, and giving hope to those people who have lost faith and hope.

Thank you for reading, I hope you liked it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment