Saturday, November 15, 2014

The world

"Just throw a pebble in the water...and make a wave"


Why it's so hard to make people see that something is wrong? When I was little my parents always taught what was right and what wasn't. And for some reason I thought everyone does it with their kids. Now that I've grow up, I've come to realize that I was wrong. 

Lately I have come to ask myself... Where is humanity? 


Some time ago I was at my dad apartment, it was a holiday and people where at the beach with their families, having fun and drinking. I was watching them from the balcony, and I can tell they where having fun...Then after the day was over and the next day come, I went back to the balcony and got a not so desirable surprise. All the beach was full of trash. It wasn't like it was before, and I really...really hated that. I mean if you are going to have fun, then have it. But be conscious that humans are not the only species in the world.




After I saw that mess I took some garbage bags and went down to the beach with my dad... in less than 30 minutes we filled three bags with trash. I feel really mad... I was mad of everyone, and was even more annoyed because this happen in the time of the year where a lot of Carey's come to the island to nest their eggs. I was thinking that in any time, those turtles could come out and eat or get stock into the trash. 

I know this not only happen in Puerto Rico, it happen everywhere and we should change it. We have to put or self in the place of others -animals, friends, uncle, aunt, unknown person, your neighbour-   and think how we will feel if we are in their places. 

For me Humanity is empathy, we humans can be empathic. And I'm sure that if we all learn to be empathic, this world will be a better one and "may never be the same"...

Before I wrote this post I took the lyrics of the song below too literally, but now I've notice that it was more than what I thought...Is about making a change in the world "Just throw a pebble in the water...and make a wave" The pebble is that act that will move the world (in this case the water) and make a change (Make a wave).





No comments:

Post a Comment